UCSD Canyonview pool
Be aware that campus Police will issue traffic tickets for drop-offs on Voigt Drive!
TPHSWP practices and home games are M-Th 7pm-9:30pm and Fri 6pm-8pm at the Canyonview Pool at UCSD. Athletes must be dropped off in parking lot adjacent to the pool. Police will issue traffic tickets for drop-offs on Voigt Drive!
There is a kiosk at the that sells parking passes for $2 per hour. The kiosk accepts credit cards or cash, but doesn’t give change. The lot is patrolled until 11 p.m., and you will get a ticket at some point if you try to “stretch your luck.” Parking is not enforced on Saturdays. If you are sitting in your car in the parking lot waiting for your son to come out from practice, you likely won't need a pass.
You may also buy a Night/Weekend Quarterly Permit from the UCSD Parking Office. These permits can be purchased at the Gilman Parking Structure, 2nd level on Russell Lane, and this must be done in person. A pass is good for 1 UCSD Quarter. Unfortunately, you will have to buy both the Summer and Fall passes because our high school season overlaps with UCSD's Summer and Fall quarters. Still, if you are driving yourself to practice and parking every night, it may be the best way to go.
Located on the eastern end of campus, between Eleanor Roosevelt College and Warren College, the Canyonview Aquatics Center features two outdoor, Olympic-Size Pools, each of which can be divided into 8 lanes of 50 meters in length or 19 lanes of 25 yards in length. The aquatic center also features a state-off-the-art weight room. Canyonview is home to the UCSD men’s and women’s water polo teams, as well as the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams.
UCSD West Pool Quick Facts:
- TPHS practices and plays a majority of their games in this pool
- Opened February 8, 2006
- The new pool is 50 meters by 25 yards
- The pool is seven feet deep throughout
- It holds 680,000 gallons of water
- There is bleacher seating for 1,000
- Includes new weight room and locker rooms
- The architects for the project were Hanna, Gabriel, Wells
- Matthew Wells was the principal architect
- The pool was designed by Aquatic Design Group
- The General Contractor was Taylor-Frager
- The Pool Construction was completed by Mission Pools
UCSD East Pool Quick Facts:
- Heated year-round to 80-85 degrees
- Bleacher seating for 336 and additional seating up to 1,000 total on grass
- Men’s and women’s locker rooms with showers
- Spa and deck patio
- Lights on the deck accommodate night use
- Diving Area consists of one 5-meter platform, two 3-meter platforms, two 1-meter platforms